Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Transition Time (Tues pm)

Mom is not doing well. She refused any liquids today. She opens her eyes but they are not focused on anything. I always put her glasses on if she opens her eyes even the smallest bit. If she is going to have them open I want her to be able to see. I talked to her for a long time and I felt like she knew what I was saying.

I took a late nap in her bed with her curled up opposite her rubbing her leg. Today was a hard day. Life is very sad these days. My Mom always said, this too shall pass, about hard times. But this is her life, it is different.

I am thankful that I have had Mom for as long as I have... but I am not thankful that she is leaving. My heart is slowly breaking and I will never be the same. Nothing is normal anymore. I don't even know what normal is.

Looking for the Sunrise
I’m not looking for the sunset,
As the swift years come and go;
I am looking for the sunrise,
And the golden morning glow,
Where the light of heaven’s glory
Will break forth upon my sight,
In the land that knows no sunset,
Nor the darkness of the night.

I’m not going down the pathway
Toward the setting of the sun,
Where the shadows ever deepen
When the day at last is done;
I am walking up the hillside
Where the sunshine lights the way,
To the glory of the sunrise
Of God’s never-ending day.

I’m not going down, but upward,
And the path is never dim,
For the day grows ever brighter
As I journey on with Him.
So my eyes are on the hilltops,
Waiting for the sun to rise,
Waiting for His invitation
To the home beyond the skies.
--Albert Simpson Reitz, June 1953

No comments: