Thursday, November 13, 2008

Thursday...

Today Mom was more alert in the am opening her eyes for a pat on Sonya and Fred's dog Sheila's fuzzy head. She has had visits of several dogs but cats are not allowed in the Hospice (sorry cat folks). One visit from last week in particular is worth sharing. A therapy dog that is a Golden mix named Bailey came in and that was when Mom was not opening her eyes at all. They had the dog next to the bed and put Mom's hand on Bailey's head and a tear fell down her face.

She knows we are all there for her and I think that is what matters most. She is loved and I know she feels that and knows it in her heart.

Time is a funny thing... there never seems to be enough of it or at least not when you want more of it. I want more time with my Mom, but I want her to be at peace. I am torn between the reality of the two but ultimately I want her to be without pain and from living the way she is now. I want her to be free to follow the path toward her next journey.

No comments: