Friday, November 21, 2008

Today

aMom is sleeping a lot but still drinking and swallowing. Swallowing is a big deal as after you stop eating (which she did 2 weeks ago) they normally feel the swallowing goes soon afterwards. That has not been the case for her. I think she still wants to be here for us and does enjoy (at least in some way) the time we are spending with her.

Before I left earlier, I told her I loved her and was whispering in her ear and a tear dropped from her eye. I will never forget that moment as long as I live. I know she wanted to tell me something but that was the only way she could find to do so.

“Love is stronger than death even though it can't stop death from happening, but no matter how hard death tries it can't separate people from love. It can't take away our memories either. In the end, life is stronger than death.”

I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next. -Gilda Radner

No comments: