Thursday, October 30, 2008

Ups & Downs

The last few days have been full of challenges. Hard transition... sad place... sad situation... but I think hope may have turned a corner today. Mom was more alert and with it than she has been since she entered Hospice. She has been sleeping almost since she arrived and very dosed up from the meds. They are working on her meds and they seem to be getting a better handle on the pain. Other health challenges involve things that are better left unsaid. She does like her fancy and very comfy bed.

Mom has a beautiful plant with gorgeous yellow flowers sitting on the window next to her bed. She actually can keep the flowers and not have to give them away. Mom and Jim always have to give away flowers as the cats will eat them (go figure).

Suffice that today I felt better saying goodnight than I have since my dear Mom went to the Hospice facility. I don't know what the future holds and it will likely be the hardest thing I will ever deal with thus far in my life -- but tonight I have a hopeful heart -- and that means something.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen - Please let Ethel know that we have located the place where we will move KSC. After we get through the city hall process, then we will go ahead with the move. Hopefully this will give her some comfort knowing that the cats are fine and we will continue in her honor!
Allie