Friday, October 31, 2008

Update

Mom (Ethel's) decline in the last month, even the last 10 days has been significant. Her cancer is progressing much faster than anyone anticipated. After meeting with our Hospice team and Drs we now know that her time with us is likely coming to an end very soon. I never thought I could write much less say that this is the case. She is tired and she is ready to go on her next journey and wherever that will take her.

For anyone who is reading this know that I am sure she touched each of you in the special way that she has with people. Mom (Ethel) is a person that I feel lucky to call my Mom. She is so much to so many but what is so 'unique' about her is that she has such a kind and generous heart. She has a hopeful heart.

Our family appreciates all your kind wishes and thoughts at this time... the sun shines through Mom's windows each day with the promise of a new day. I hope that God gives her the peace and comfort she is hoping to find. Please keep our family in your thoughts and prayers.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen, we just got back from WV and I just wanted to thank you for putting this up. We'll chat tomorrow but just hang in there.
Love,
Brian

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer --

Thank you so much for posting this blog. I know your mom from church, and many of us there are praying for her and for the family. Know that your mom is loved by many.

Jo Pitcher

Anonymous said...

Jennifer,
I commend you for doing this and I pray for your healing when this is all said and done. I cannot imagine what you are going through and I hope that when the time comes you lean on friends and family. Cherish the good times and memoralize your mother - for she is truly a magnificient woman and one that made us all a little bit better human beings just being around her.

May God surround you with his arms and keep you in his loving embrace. Susan Haning- From the shelter.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer,
Thanks for the update on your wonderful mother. She is an extraordinary woman and someone who has touched my life. I am deeply saddened to learn of her suffering and recent decline. I think of her often and have been praying that she can some how find peace. Her smile, her laugh, her caring touch and spirit, and the love that she has given unconditionally to humans and animals alike will not be soon forgotten. Please give her my very best. I hope that you are trying to take care of yourself the best that you can during such a difficult time. May god bless all of you. Sincerely, Marla Vickers

Anonymous said...

Jennifer,

I had a close family member loose his wife of 20 years to pancreatic cancer 2 years ago. She too went through rigorous experimental treatments, traveling back and forth from California to Nevada every week to receive them. So, I can appreciate how difficult this must be for you and your family.

I came to know Ethel through volunteering @ KSC. She is very generous in spirit and giving of herself. Her dedication to the health and welfare of our furry friends is to be commended and is very much appreciated.

You and your family are in my thoughts & prayers.

Tanya Arries

Anonymous said...

Jen,

Words cannot express how sad Aunt Ethel's sickness makes me for you, Brian, Melissa, Brison,the kids, your mom and Jim, Sonya and Fred. I know my parents are beside themselves too. I keep reminding myself of all of the wonderful times, with your mom moving and shaking at all of Ann and Pop Pop's parties, our visits to see you guys and of course hearing all of the stories of my parents' visits to see you all. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you. Please send Aunt Ethel my love, support, prayers, hugs and kisses.

Love, Randi